Why does prekindergarten matter?
Prekindergarten makes a big difference
for small children.
Kids who go to prekindergarten:
- Are more prepared for kindergarten
- Have better reading and writing skills
- Do better in grades K – 12
- Have better social skills, behavior and conduct
- Have greater success in life
Is your child eligible?
A child is eligible for enrollment in free prekindergarten if he or she is at least four years of age and:
- is unable to speak and comprehend the English language; or
- is educationally disadvantaged (which means a student eligible to participate in the
national free or reduced-price lunch program... guidelines can be found here);a child who is a member of a household receiving benefits from the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program, Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations, State Medicaid programs, or similar income-tested programs or other source of information or
- is homeless, as defined by 42 U.S.C. Section 1143a, regardless of the residence of the child, of either parent of the child, or of the child's guardian or other person having lawful control of the child; or
- is the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority; or
- is the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty; or
- is or ever has been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services (foster care) following an adversary hearing held as provided by Section 262.201, Family Code; or
- is the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as: a peace officer under Section 3106.002, Government Code; a firefighter under Section 3106.003, Government Code; or an emergency medical first responder under Section 3106.004, Government Code.
Students who will be 3 or 4 by September 1 of the school year they are applying
To start the intake process online
Once you have completed the intake forms
be sure to come into our offices
in order for us to make copies of
Social Security Card
Immunization Record &
2020 Tax Return
in order to complete the intake process.